Wednesday

Breif overview of sales for the first 5 months

We're SoCal so the rent is on the high side of national average, the strip-mall location is slightly off from the corner, which I didn't think would be that big a deal, but if I were to do it over (gah!) I'd attempt to get a more street visible spot. And something with a higher ceiling, and west facing if I could find it (I can handle the morning sun better than the evening), and ... ah well, :-) There are, of course, a multitude of things I'd do differently, but overall it turned out fairly well.

It's been slow going these first few months, but things are starting to pickup, albeit slower than I'd hoped.
June = made rent, and maybe half the phone.
July was 6% better than June
August was 34% better than June
Sept was 22% better than June
Oct was 55% better than June (helped considerably by finally getting the internet sales going) and almost broke even with expenses ... So it shouldn't be too much longer before I can start claiming it's been successful.