Thursday

Some days it just doesn't pay to get up in the morning...

$395 charge for fixing the roof where All American Sign installed the storefront sign. All American Sign obviously didn't finish their install and left a very poorly covered hole. When it was brought to my attention I called All American Sign and they said they'd have someone right out to fix it, as it was forecast to rain and the hole would have certainly allowed water into the roof. Well according to All American Sign their guy came out and there was already someone up there doing work, so apparently he left and _never mentioned this to me_. I thought All American Sign had come by and fixed the problem, as they should have done when installing the sign months ago. But no apparently the landlord had someone up there and they did it, but never told me what they were doing either. I had no idea what had happened until I was charged for it with my rent this month. Very annoying, All American Sign won't pay of course, even though they are at fault. They said they would have fixed it, but... The landlord wants the payment and I can't blame him for that, but $395 is a bit much for patching a hole. And in all likelyhood I'm gonna be stuck with it. grrr. And I was 'this' close to breaking even this month before...

Got a call from a customer about an online order they want to return, their fault more or less, but I'm not going to dispute it. Still a $250 is going to put a bit of a damper on the online sales. Some days it just doesn't pay to open the store... :}

Posted everything listed in the database (as of today) on a blog here for direct sales.