Sunday

Los Angeles Festival of Books 2008

Bit of a disappointment right off when David Brin & Raymond E. Feist were no-shows. I hope whatever family emergency Feist had was not serious.
And boy was it HOT, more than previous years, and it's _always_ been hot.
Not really many big name A-list authors there this year, maybe it's just me but it just wasn't as exciting.
Still there were many great authors around, Stephen J. Cannell, Michael Connolly, Paul Conrad, Cornelia Funke, Walter Mosley, Alice Hoffman, Robert K. Tannenbaum, John Lescroart, Jon Scieszka, David Shannon, Jaime Hernandez. James Owen had been moved to Saturday - so I missed him, drat it. Julie Andrews was only doing 100 and only for ticket holders - so no chance there. It was a bit disappointing that my favorite 4 were unavailable. Bill Fitzhugh was actually doing some signings on Sunday, but I didn't bring anything since it had looked like he was only going to be there on Sat.
But overall it was a good event, not as great as last few years, but maybe I should have gone both days...